Armed to the Heart - Military Women, Work-life Balance, Female Veterans, Christian Moms, Pregnancy and Postpartum
86. Feeling Pressure to be a Perfect Mom? Guilty you’re Not Giving your Family Enough? How to Break Free from the Unrealistic Expectation of Motherhood
Manage episode 362116423 series 3390642
What makes a good mom? What makes a great mom?
When you think of a perfect mom, what do you think of?
What makes you feel like you’re doing it all right, or makes you feel put together?
What makes you feel like enough? What makes you feel like you’re doing enough?
There is so much pressure to be a perfect mom.
Many of us feel like no matter how hard we try, it’s never enough.
- The guilt of not spending more time with our kids.
- The thought “my child deserves better” on repeat in our minds.
- Trying to hold it all together, keeping a smile on our face on the outside, but just feeling like a hot mess.
- Feeling ashamed if we’re having a hard time keeping up with everything.
- If our home isn’t as spotless as everyone else’s seems to be.
- Beating ourselves up about anytime we lose our cool and aren’t as calm & patient as we want to be with our kids.
- Wondering how other moms are managing it all so much better than us.
- Stretched thin in the juggling act, but feeling like you’re failing in all of it.
- In survival mode trying to keep everyone alive.
- Feeling so guilty, because we’re not as present & loving as we want to be for our kids.
- Worried we’re not giving them enough, wishing we could do more for them.
Today we’re walking through 5 steps to help you identify and release the unrealistic standards of perfection that are keeping you stuck in vicious cycles of guilt, shame, overwhelm, & discouragement as a mom, and clarify EXACTLY where God is calling you to focus in this season, to be the mom you want to be.
Let's help you let go of the burdens you're not meant to carry.
**Break Free from Burnout Work-Life Balance Program coming soon!! JOIN THE WAITLIST to be the first to know and get an exclusive discount and bonus offer when it's released!! :)
Book a 1:1 Coaching Session : 1 hr Strategy & Mindset Coaching Call for Work-Life Balance or Pregnancy & Postpartum Fitness, for military women & beyond
Strong + Resilient Postpartum Fitness Program (18 week+ Plan for Busy, Active Mamas in the military + beyond who want to get stronger, heal their core + pelvic floor + regain confidence in their bodies again after giving birth, get back to the military fitness test & fitness goals, and have an empowering postpartum experience where you & your family can truly thrive)
Free Guide: Overcome the Overwhelm (Feel like your to-do-list is never-ending, and pulled in a million directions? Grab my FREE guide to help you balance work + mom life with less guilt + more peace, with God at the center)