Armed to the Heart - Military Women, Work-life Balance, Female Veterans, Christian Moms, Pregnancy and Postpartum
85. Ready to Reduce Tantrums, Meltdowns & Power Struggles to Connect More with Your Kids? ALL the Tips to Make Parenting Easier & More Joyful from Pediatric Occupational Therapist, Kelly Shoup
Manage episode 361932955 series 3390642
Who's dying for some RELIEF in parenting? I see you mama. :)
CAN'T WAIT to share this incredible guest interview with you today, where we dive into so many practical parenting tips that have empowered me so much through motherhood & fostered a much more connected, peaceful relationship, without the constant yelling, power struggles, exhaustion & overwhelm.
Kelly Shoup is a Pediatric Occupational Therapist & Parenting Coach who has 20+ years of experience helping parents wrangle little ones, plus parenting her own kids, with a long record of success. She has supported our family in the most difficult seasons of military life to help us not just survive but truly thrive together. I know you will learn so much from her too, and be so blessed by this episode.
- How to help our kids through transitions & constant changes of military life
- How to reduce power struggles & meltdowns & make everyday routines smoother with our kids
- Tips for how to stay calm & feel less overwhelmed as parents to help our kids better regulate, and so we don't lose our cool when they're having a tantrum, being violent or not listening, when they're just breaking down in the evenings after everyone has had a long day at work & daycare/school, or we're frustrated and exhausted by their behavior on top of everything else we're juggling
- How to understand what our children's behavior is communicating, what is developmentally normal & healthy for them & how to support them through it
- How to move from harsher obedience, control & compliance-based parenting to a more gentle, connection-oriented, present and playful approach that dissolves so much of the power struggles before they even happen and allows for such deep connection with our children
- How to support your kids in developing their self-confidence & self worth
- Leaning on God & His grace through it all, to be the best mamas we can be
This episode is full of GOLD that will make all the difference in your relationship with your children -- especially if they're strong-willed like mine!
Be sure to share this with a friend who will benefit from all these amazing tips too. We're not meant to do this alone.
**Tired of Meltdowns & Constant Power Struggles? Take Kelly Shoup's free Sensory Profile Quiz and discover what your child's behavior is communicating.
Learn more from Kelly on her Podcast, Making Sense of Parenting
**Break Free from Burnout Work-Life Balance Program for high-achieving Christian women / working mamas in the military & beyond coming soon!! JOIN THE WAITLIST to be the first to know and get an exclusive discount and bonus offer when it's released!! :)
Book a 1:1 Coaching Session with Megan: 1 hr Strategy & Mindset Coaching Call for Work-Life Balance or Pregnancy & Postpartum Fitness, for military women & beyond
Overcome the Overwhelm (Feel like your to-do-list is never-ending, and pulled in a million directions? Grab my FREE guide to help you balance work + mom life with less guilt + more peace, with God at the center)