Armed to the Heart - Military Women, Work-life Balance, Female Veterans, Christian Moms, Pregnancy and Postpartum
79. Healing Diastasis Recti Postpartum: How to Close your Ab Gap to Restore your Core Strength, Feel More Like Yourself in Your Body Again & Get back to Fitness after Baby
Manage episode 359900611 series 3390642
Are you dealing with Diastasis Recti or wanting to strengthen your core postpartum?
You want your stomach to look and feel like it did pre-pregnancy, you want to close your ab gap, flatten your stomach & see those changes in your body that will help you gain more confidence in it again.
Maybe all the info out there about Diastasis makes you nervous about what you should or shouldn't do postpartum, but you're also staring down the PT test which may require some of those things that are supposedly not 'Diastasis safe', like Pushups, Sit ups, Planks, and Pull ups, so it leaves you feeling even more stressed about how to get back to everything you want to do in fitness.
Today we're covering the most important things you need to know about Diastasis Recti, and also help you filter out some misinformation about it too:
- What is Diastasis Recti?
- The main factors that contribute toward and affect the 'mommy pooch'
- The 3 main elements that influence the healing process for Diastasis & the postpartum core & exactly what you should focus on to close your gap and restore the strength & function of your core to stimulate the most change the fastest
- What you DON'T need to worry as much about or fixate on, that the messaging out there is telling you
- The Do's and Don'ts: how to know whether the exercises you're doing are Diastasis safe, & if your body is ready for them
If you want to feel more confident in your body again, & train strategically to get more results in your core and overall strength & fitness, you're in the right place!
****Looking for a roadmap, a step by step plan to heal your Diastasis Recti & get back to Fitness Postpartum? Wanna get back to Lifting, Running, and the Military Fitness Test quickly after baby so you can feel stronger & more like yourself again? My signature 18 week Postpartum Program is for you! Learn more HERE. You can get started whenever you're ready.
FREE PREGNANCY & POSTPARTUM FITNESS RESOURCES:
Free Pregnancy Exercise Guide: How to Safely Exercise + Maintain Fitness Through Pregnancy
Free Postpartum Fitness Guide: How to Return to Fitness Postpartum (for Military Mamas + Beyond)