Armed to the Heart - Military Women, Work-life Balance, Female Veterans, Christian Moms, Pregnancy and Postpartum
54. You Don’t Have to Sacrifice your Milk Supply while Getting Back to Fitness & Work: How to Do BOTH
Manage episode 354018630 series 3390642
Ready for Part 2? Today we're continuing the series on Breastfeeding, Pumping, Lactation Support in the Military, all things related to this!
*Be sure to subscribe to the show so you don't miss this whole series!
Today we're covering my top practical tips & tricks for a successful breastfeeding & pumping journey as a military mom.
- How to know & trust you're making enough for your baby
- How to maintain your milk supply & breastfeeding relationship as a busy working mama, even if you have to be away from baby often for long workdays, field training time, or other missions
- Tips to maintain supply while exercising; balance your fitness & weight loss goals and breastfeeding so you're not sacrificing your supply when trying to get back to fitness and meet the height & weight standards
- Keeping up & improving your milk supply even with a demanding job & return to work, and how to avoid common pitfalls
- How to deal with the pressure, anxiety, stress, guilt or feelings of failure that can come with trying to keep up with breastfeeding goals, especially when it gets really hard to stick with it
- What to do & where to turn if you're running into a lot of roadblocks
- How to deal with feeling forced to end your breastfeeding journey not on your own terms because of time you'll have to be apart from your baby, or other circumstances
I'll see you inside!
A couple recommended resources:
Breastfeeding in Combat Boots: Regulations & Resources for All Branches of the Military: LOTS of great tips & info here!
Your local Mom2Mom Global Chapter may have good in-person support and even have a military "branch" of the chapter to join!
And in case you need the reminder today, you're doing an AMAZING job. You are exactly the mama your little one(s) need. Lifting you up sister and here for you!