Manage episode 291006122 series 1261370
Today we’re answering the following questions, together:
- Do goals still matter, or should we just focus on being in the moment and enjoying our lives?
- Or can we do both?
- And if goals do matter, is there any part of the process of achieving a goal that is more important for us to focus on than the goal itself?
- And if there is a part of the process of achieving our goals that deserves more of our focus, what is that and how can we harness it to achieve and experience everything we want in life?
I’ve recently overcome some struggles when it comes to setting and achieving goals, and in this episode, I’m asking questions as I explore and share how my perspective and practice has changed over time.
You’ll learn some of the pros and cons of goal setting, how to identify the real purpose of your goals (and why it’s rarely about successfully achieving them), and some simple steps on how to effectively set goals and establish effective behaviors.
- How goal setting can stop you from being present.
- Why we often falsely believe that achieving our goals means that we’ve succeeded - and why our feeling of satisfaction after achieving a goal can ring so hollow.
- Why moving in the direction of a goal matters more than hitting a target or achieving a specific outcome.
- The process I learned at 19 to set and achieve goals - and how accountability helped me pursue sales records, write books, and grow every business I’ve ever aspired to build.
Get The Full Show Notes
To get full access to today's show notes, including audio, transcript, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit HalElrod.com/375
Subscribe, Rate & Review
I would love if you could subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest rating & review. This will encourage other people to listen and allow us to grow as a community. The bigger we get as a community, the bigger the impact we can have on the world.
To subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on iTunes, visit HalElrod.com/iTunes.