Kevin Wong from Lunar - The Power of Demos in Driving Retail Velocity for an Alcohol Brand
Manage episode 356524651 series 3446717
In this episode, we meet Kevin Wong, co-founder of Lunar, the first Asian-American craft hard seltzer. Kevin is a hands-on founder and demo machine, doing 100s of events in the last couple of years, including trade shows, food and beverage fairs, and in-store demonstrations.
In this interview, we cover how Lunar had a highly unusual launch direct-to-consumer online during the pandemic. And the brand cut its teeth going door-to-door in New York City.
Also covered in the episode:
- Bringing minority representation to an industry that is 93% white
- Creating an end-to-end brand experience across restaurants, retail, and at-home
- The unique challenges of building an alcohol brand
- Thinking about your business as a backable asset
- If you can make it in New York City as a brand, you can make it anywhere
- The best way to improve your marketing is by talking to customers
- It’s essential to show the human element of your brand.
- You need to repeat where your customers can buy over and over on social media
- You make money in retail, but you build a brand in restaurants
Where to find Kevin Wong:
Where to find Kait Stephens: