Breanna Atkinson from Kokada on Getting Started in the Natural Food Channel and Amazon's Role in Discovery
Manage episode 358675668 series 3446717
In this episode, we meet Breanna Atkinson, founder, and CEO of Kokada. Kokada is a coconut spread that is sugar-, nut-, and gluten-free.
We will learn how Breanna Atkinson co-founded Kokada during COVID and hear her journey from farmers' markets and co-ops to Amazon and larger retailers..
Other topics covered in this episode
- How kitchen experiments led to Kokada
- What is a co-op and the benefits in selling there
- Target Forward Founders Program
- Role of education in new product marketing
- Planning a partnership with a major retailer
- Start slow and focus on learning
- Know your customer well
- Collaborate with local co-op stores to understand the product
- Have a cofounder with a complementary skillset
- Be vulnerable and divide responsibilities as a team
- Build your supply chain transparently
- Embrace rejection and keep persisting
Please let us know your thoughts about the episode!
Where to find Breanna Atkinson:
Where to find Kait Stephens:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE OMNICHANNEL MARKETER