Manage episode 351343778 series 1416424
258 A Pilot's Story of Losing His Son in an Airplane Accident + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Summary 258 Max talks with Arturo Guerra about his VFR into IMC accident in a Carbon Cub in which his son, Arturo, Jr. was killed. His son, who was instrument rated, was flying in the front of the plane on a trip from Texas to Monterrey, Mexico. All was well until they decided to squeeze between a layer of clouds and a mountain and encountered turbulence. Arturo describes the day and the aftermath.
- Airline Ramp Worker Reportedly Killed in Horrific Accident
- Southwest Airlines and Pilots Disagree Over Causes of Flight Cancellations
- FAA tosses flight tests by Alaska DPE
- Alaskans use vehicles to light up dark runway so medevac flight can land
- Instructional flight ends when door flies off plane
- Adaptations, Groupthink Down Twin Otter
- Thrown off by gusty winds, Beech pilot forgets to extend landing gear
- Mooney pilot hits mowing equipment after unstable approach
- Distracted student pilot bends Cessna 150
- Rescuers use kayaks to reach pilot after crash in icy creek
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order. Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit HandbookMax Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.