Manage episode 367815341 series 2938652
What is Mass? Who can go to Mass? Why all the sitting and standing and kneeling? What's the difference between the Latin Mass and the novus ordo mass?
In this episode, we cover some common questions about the Mass.
Support us on Patreon!
Contact the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2:25: What is Mass?
4:48: Who can go to Mass?
5:41: Missals/Order of Mass
6:52: Standing, sitting, kneeling.
11:01: Bells and incense
13:54: Eastern and Western rites
16:10: Latin Mass vs novus ordo
19:04: How late is too late?
22:25: Fasting before communion
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
- Order of Mass
- Missal App (USA)
- Missal App (Australia)
- Aleteia. “Why are bells sometimes used during Mass?”
- Aleteia. “An easy guide to standing, sitting, and kneeling during Mass”.
- Aleteia. “What’s the difference between ‘the Latin Mass’ and ‘Mass in Latin’?”
- Ascension. “The Other 23 Catholic Churches and Why They Exist”.
- General Instruction of the Roman Missal.
- Bishop Robert Barron. “What Is Your Opinion on the Traditional Latin Mass? — Bishop Barron on Vatican II”.
- Catholic Answers, “Here’s Why You Should Go to Mass”.
- Catholic Answers. “What is the "Extraordinary Form" of the Mass?”.
- Catholic Answers. “What Can You Tell Me about the Byzantine Rite of the Catholic Church?”
- Catholic Answers. “How Late Is Too Late for Mass?”
- The Catholic Encyclopedia. “Bells”
- The Catholic Encyclopedia. “Incense”
- Canon Law Made Easy. “How Has Canon Law Changed on Fasting before Communion?”
- Catholic-Link.org “Latin Mass vs Novus Ordo || What is Different Between the Extraordinary & Ordinary Forms of the Mass”
- Catholic Straight Answers. “Should we fast before receiving Holy Communion?”
- Dr. Edward Sri. A Biblical Walk Through The Mass.
- Fr Mike Schmitz, "The Hour That Will Change Your Life"