Manage episode 294331131 series 2295535
Mike and Sarah have big feelings about an enduring debate. Digressions include “Carrie,” party planning etiquette and Whole Foods cafeterias. Sarah’s sound quality changes midway through because she moves from a McDonald’s parking lot to a Hardee’s parking lot.
Special thanks to Meredith Clark and Allissa Richardson for helping us with the history section of this episode!
Subscribe on Patreon
Donate on Paypal
Buy cute merch
- Natalie Wynn's "Canceling"
- Drag Them: A brief etymology of so-called “cancel culture”
- The Long and Tortured History of Cancel Culture
- The strange journey of ‘cancel,’ from a Black-culture punchline to a White-grievance watchword
- Why Attacking ‘Cancel Culture’ And ‘Woke’ People Is Becoming The GOP’s New Political Strategy
- Tales From the Teenage Cancel Culture
- Generational Cycles in American Politics, 1952–2016
- It’s Not Callout Culture. It’s Accountability.
- An Incomplete (but growing) History of Harassment Campaigns since 2003
- The State of Online Harassment
- “Did We Create This Monster?” How Twitter Turned Toxic
- Morally Motivated Networked Harassment as Normative Reinforcement
Support the show (http://patreon.com/yourewrongabout)