Manage episode 316401080 series 3038
For the final episode of 2021, TWiV reviews an experimental infectious attenuated Lassa fever vaccine based on a codon-deoptimized glycoprotein gene, and SARS-CoV-2 infection of free-ranging white-tailed deer.
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- Codon-deoptimized Lassa fever vaccine (mBio)
- Attenuation of dengue virus by codon deoptimization (TWiV 351)
- Codon deoptimization of poliovirus and RS virus (TWiV 740)
- Codon deoptimization of DNA viruses (TWiV 362 letters)
- CEPI on TWiV 612
- SARS-CoV-2 in white-tailed deer (Nature)
- Letters read on TWiV 847
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Dickson – EO Wilson (Ants and The Conversation) Brianne – The Best Fun Science Stories of 2021 Kathy – Using sound for data analysis; chemotactic bacteria and Moo loo story Alan – Owls of the Easern Ice, by Jonathan Slaght Vincent – TWiV 9: Fever! The discovery of Lassa virus and TWiV 548: Mice, shrews, and caterpillarsListener Picks
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your virology questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org