Manage episode 317606037 series 2902196
In COVID-19 clinical update #97, Daniel Griffin covers immunity after infection recognized by CDC, outcomes before and after Omicron, infectious viral load in Delta vs Omicron, PCR vs rapid antigen tests, booster interval shortened to 5 months, risk factors for severe outcomes in vaccinated, cross-reactive memory T cells, vaccine effectiveness vs MIS-C, and Rivaroxiban for thromboprophylaxis.
Become a patron of TWiV!Links for this episode
- Quarantine and isolation (CDC)
- Outcomes before and after Omicron (medRxiv)
- Infectious viral load in Delta vs Omicron infections (medRxiv)
- PCR vs rapid antigen test (medRxiv)
- Booster interval to 5 months (FDA)
- Cross-reactive memory T cells (Nat Comm)
- Risk factors for severe outcomes in vaccinated (MMWR)
- Vaccine effectiveness vs MIS-C (MMWR)
- Cross-reactive T cells to Omicron from vaccines (medRxiv)
- Rivaroxiban for thromboprophylaxis (Lancet)
- Letters read on TWiV 853
- Timestamps by Jolene. Thanks!
Intro music is by Ronald Jenkees Send your questions for Dr. Griffin to firstname.lastname@example.org