Manage episode 314164435 series 151259
Merlin Mann returns to the show to discuss two brief topics (with a few asides): my dream of opening a steakhouse, and Peter Jackson’s Beatles documentary Get Back.
- Mack Weldon: Radically-efficient wardrobing
- LinkedIn Talent
- Linode: Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. New accounts get a $100 credit.
- Who’s who in “Get Back”? A guide to the non-Beatles in Peter Jackson’s documentary.
- Amazon.com: iSi Classic MeshSodamaker for Making Carbonating Beverages, 1 Quart, Stainless Steel: Industrial & Scientific.
- American Giant.
- Bern’s Steak House in Tampa.
- Jamie Zawinski.
- The Sharper Image’s Bacon Express Toaster.
- Helen Rosner in The New Yorker: “Pellet Ice Is the Good Ice”.
- Hal’s New York Seltzer Water.
- “What makes Ringo a Great Drummer”.
- “World’s Great Drummers Salute Ringo Starr”.
- David Sims, Letterboxd one-sentence reviewer extraordinaire.
- RoboCop: Blank Check with Griffin & David.
- Amanda Hess in the NYT: “The Sublime Spectacle of Yoko Ono Disrupting the Beatles”.
- “Futura and Wes Anderson: A Love Story”.
- Atkinson Hyperlegible — an accessibility typeface.
- Hop Sing Laundromat:
This episode of The Talk Show was edited by Caleb Sexton.