Manage episode 285270535 series 2030630
Steven Hassan (@CultExpert) has helped thousands of individuals and families recover from undue influence (authoritarian control). With over 40 years of experience, he is sought after as one of the foremost authorities on undue influence and controlling groups and individuals. He is the founder of the Freedom of Mind Resource Center, and a founding collaborator of the #iGotOut movement.
What We Discuss with Steven Hassan:
- How a disinformation crusade like QAnon takes root and thrives in the politically polarized petri dish of modern America (with a little help from its outside adversaries).
- Why the trope of non-human elites ritualistically sustaining themselves on the essence of innocent children should seem familiar -- because this blood libel has been most famously used to normalize the persecution of Jews from the Middle Ages to the Holocaust and beyond.
- How QAnon appeals not only to the predictable dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks demographic, but a surprising number of seemingly otherwise intelligent people who are counterintuitively more susceptible to its influence than most.
- How Steven’s BITE model applies to QAnon's manipulation of behavior, information, thought, and emotion among its followers to show it for what it is: a destructive cult with elements of psyops thrown in for good measure.
- What we can and should do when people we care about have been sucked down the QAnon rabbit hole and we want to see them safely tethered back to reality.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/471
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!