Manage episode 273391211 series 2030630
Oliver Stone (@TheOliverStone) is a film director, producer, and writer known for tackling controversial political issues in films like JFK and Platoon. He is also the author of Chasing the Light: Writing, Directing, and Surviving Platoon, Midnight Express, Scarface, Salvador, and the Movie Game.
What We Discuss with Oliver Stone:
- The lesson Oliver learned about humanity -- when he was a cab driver prior to becoming a world-famous director -- that still rings true for him today.
- Why Oliver chose to serve in the infantry during the Vietnam War when a lot of his contemporaries (including several presidents) did all they could do to avoid going.
- What happened when Oliver snuck an obscene amount of LSD into his uptight father's scotch one night.
- The projects Oliver has had to abandon in recent years, and why some of his earlier films would be impossible to make now.
- Oliver's candid thoughts on Vladimir Putin, the CIA, cyberwarfare, and the culpability of the American media in current affairs.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/411
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!