Manage episode 273530558 series 2504264
There’s no real reason to fight it, right? This week has been totally dominated by Google’s latest hardware unveiling and we’re here for it. From new phones to a Chromecast with a remote to a beautiful new smart speaker, there was a lot to take in and react to.
We spend the entire podcast unpacking each piece and our reactions go from excited to dubious: pumped for the new Chromecast, anxiously anticipating the sound quality of the Nest Audio speaker, and questioning the legitimacy of the Pixel 5’s price tag in light of the Galaxy S20 FE and upcoming OnePlus 8T. It’s a packed show and we hope you enjoy every bit of it this week.
- New YouTube TV subscribers can score Google’s new Chromecast w/Google TV for free
- 87 Seconds: Wrapping up all of Google’s newly announced hardware
- Google Play Movies and TV updated to reflect Google TV branding – web interface deprecated
- [Update: In-store Oct. 15] Where you can, can’t and should buy the new Chromecast with Google TV
- Chromecast with Google TV to officially gain support for Stadia next year
- Nest Audio: The proper Google Home successor has arrived
- Google’s All New Chromecast with Google TV just stole Roku’s spotlight
- Google makes the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G official
- Greet Michael Perrigo over on Twitter