Manage episode 274623137 series 2504264
This week on The Chrome Cast, we’re peeling back the onion a bit to take a deeper look at why the laptop industry’s transitions over the ARM-based chips is so important for Chrome OS. While Chromebooks have run fine on both ARM and x86 processors alike for years, it’s never quite felt like Google has been all-in on the idea.
As Apple readies itself to fully unveil the new Macbooks with ARM processors inside, it is beginning to feel like the entire industry is at the edge of a pretty big shift from a general reliance on Intel to an ARM-focused future. The next few years will be very interesting as it develops, but Chromebooks stand to benefit the most from this shift and we’re ready to see the fruits of change.
- Why ARM processors are so important to the future of Chromebooks
- Google can now tell me the song I’m whistling and I’m so happy
- Google to host a mysterious ‘Search on 2020’ event tomorrow at 12PM PST
- Need a haircut? Google Duplex can now book it for you through Maps and Search
- Upcoming AMD-powered Chromebooks will have LTE options
- In Q3 of 2020, laptop sales were strong and Chromebook sales boomed
- Lenovo unveils AMD Ryzen ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook
- Microsoft brings Visual Studio Code to ARM-powered Chromebooks