Manage episode 295915046 series 1644810
This week on The Chrome Cast, we begin by discussing all the gaming news that is swirling in the Google/Chromebook world this week. From Stadia finally launching on Chromecast with Google TV (and Android TV) to more news on 'Borealis' and Steam games coming to Chrome OS, there was a lot of great news in the gaming sphere this week.
From there we move on to talking about my lost hope in seeing an updated Pixelbook anytime soon. With the two boards 'Halvor' and 'Lindar' both being outed as decidedly not Google hardware, we really don't have anywhere else to look for a new Pixelbook in the near future. That being said, there's hope on the horizon in the form of Google's custom 'Whitechapel' silicon that gives us hope that we may see another Pixelbook down the road.
- Borealis, a.k.a. Steam, will live in the Chrome OS settings menu
- Steam on Chrome OS is so close I can taste it
- Why I've lost hope for a new Pixelbook arriving anytime soon
- Google Stadia arrives on Google TV, expanding its reach to millions more
- Lenovo debuts 2 Tiger Lake Chromebooks ahead of MWC
- Seriously, affordable Chromebooks are getting really good [VIDEO]
- I canceled my Stadia Pro subscription and now I play Stadia more than ever
This episode is brought to you by NordVPN. Get a VPN that takes your privacy seriously. NordVPN is our VPN of choice and will secure your browsing on your Chromebook or on any device. Use NordVPN to keep your private data to yourself whether you are at home or on the go! CLICK HERE to try it out and get a 3-year deal for $3.49/month.
Join our Patreon community and get access to things like behind-the-scenes footage, early access to videos, private Discord server access, an ad-free experience on the mobile and desktop versions of the website, your name listed on all our YouTube videos, and monthly live stream Q&A. CLICK HERE to be a part of our community.
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/chromeunboxed/support