Manage episode 303302210 series 2800784
Episode 412 - Show Notes
- What about you? If you really believed that Jesus would return tomorrow, what would you do differently from what you are now doing? Would you maintain the same schedule you have set for yourself? Would you adjust your plans?
- Yes, as believers, we are waiting for Christ’s return, but our waiting is not passive. It is an active waiting. I believe there are three primary things we are to do as we wait for the return of Christ.
- God gives each of us opportunities to represent him and to tell of his saving grace. As we wait for his appearance, we take advantage of these opportunities. We don’t ignore them. We don’t neglect them. We must be intentional about telling others about Jesus because time is short.
- Christ is coming. That is a certainty. He will appear. It very well could be today. Are you ready for his return? Are you watching and waiting with anticipation? Are you staying busy doing his will so that when he returns he will find you being faithful?
- In your prayer time today, ask God to give you a new awareness of his soon return. Ask him to help you to be busy doing his will and to give you opportunities to share his message with others.
Revelation 22:20 - “He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Titus 2:13 says, “we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.”
Matthew 24:44 - “So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”