Ep. 174 Elon Musk, PayPal, and is New York trying to destroy Twitch?
Manage episode 346048639 series 1750695
FIRE’s Will Creeley and Aaron Terr join the show to discuss a slew of recent free speech news: What do we make of Elon Musk buying Twitter? Is PayPal fining its users $2,500 for promoting “misinformation”? Is New York trying to destroy Twitch? And do public employees in Charlottesville, Va., need to shut their mouths to keep their jobs? Also, how’s FIRE’s off-campus expansion going?
- Open letter to Elon Musk from Greg Lukianoff on preserving free expression on social media
- “Elon Musk’s business ties deserve more scrutiny” by Matt Yglesias
- “Welcome to geriatric social media” by Charlie Warzel
- “Silicon Values: The future of free speech under surveillance capitalism” by Jillian C. York
- “PayPal is no pal to free expression” by Aaron Terr
- “Did PayPal reverse course on proposed speech-chilling policies?” by Aaron Terr
- “Did PayPal quietly bring back its financial penalty for spreading ‘misinformation’?” by Aaron Terr
- “The Internet Is Not Facebook: Why Infrastructure Providers Should Stay Out of Content Policing” by Corynne McSherry and Jillian C. York
- New York attorney general report on the Buffalo shooting, social media, and livestreaming
- “City’s new policy wrongly muzzles employees” by Will Creeley
www.sotospeakpodcast.com YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SotoSpeakTheFreeSpeechPodcast Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/freespeechtalk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/freespeechtalk/ Email us: email@example.com