Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on December 15, 2019 14:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 173564181 series 1389826
Ron DaVella is the CFO of Amazing Lash Studio and an Amazing Lash franchise owner. He joins to show to share his story and lessons from a career in accounting and making the transition to the franchise world.
When Ron retired from his career as an audit partner at Deloitte and set out to start a business, his plan was to start a restaurant. But a position on the board of The Joint Chiropractic introduced him to the franchise world and eventually to Amazing Lash Studio.
Alongside his wife, he fell in love with the Amazing Lash concept. The first class experience and subscription model business for eyelash extensions they had created. So they bought in and opened a location.
Along the way, Ron got to know the team at Amazing Brands and was offered a position with the franchisor. A few months later, when Amazing Brands took over management of Amazing Lash Ron become COO and then CFO.
Ron’s story of entering the franchise world is unique, but the lessons he has learned from decades of experience provide learning material for all of us. From decades in accounting, from working as CFO at Amazing Lash, and from owning his own location, Ron has seen what makes a business successful in the long run, and what will tear it apart.
Topics Covered in this Episode:
- Ron’s experience working with Franchises at Deloitte
- Making the jump to the franchise world
- The roundabout path to opening an Amazing Lash location
- What makes Amazing Lash unique and a great business opportunity?
- Navigating the transition from accounting to entrepreneurship
- The importance of a great team
- What do you look for when hiring great employees?
- How important is passion?
- Handling challenges without losing your cool