S2 E3 - Empowering Franchisees with Former Jimmy John's Franchisee and Sandwich Math Founder Nick Olson
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on December 15, 2019 14:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 213369081 series 1389826
Nick Olson is the founder and CEO of Sandwich Math. After owning Jimmy John’s and realizing there was no good solution for accounting and bookkeeping, he started Sandwich Math, which was acquired by Ceterus in late 2017. Nick now works with Ceterus to bring a tailored accounting solution to the Jimmy John’s franchise.
On this episode of the podcast, Nick shares how he was able to run a successful Jimmy John’s franchise while starting Sandwich Math, and what he’s learned about being a successful franchise owner. He shares the most common struggles for new franchise owners, what franchisees often overlook, the challenges of where to focus your energy as a busy entrepreneur, and much more.
Discussed in this episode:
- Slow and steady growth can help you to scale your business more easily
- Build your network before you try and sell
- How to get your creative ideas approved
- Deal with problems as they come, and focus on creating a really great product or service
- The most common struggles for new franchise owners
- The power of advertising
- How to choose a franchise
- Nick’s history with Jimmy John’s
- The challenge of figuring out where to focus your energy when you have a lot on the go
- What franchisees often overlook
Learn more about Ceterus at Ceterus.com.