Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on December 15, 2019 14:18 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 228662209 series 1389826
Steve Eddleston is an immigrant from New Zealand. After a successful career in Customer Support for High Tech, he now owns and operates a New England territory for Planet Fitness - the leading general fitness health club chain in the USA. He owns 15 location throughout the New England area.
On this episode of Small Business Edge, Steve not only shares a lot of practical wisdom about how to get started in the franchising world, and how to navigate a lot of the challenges that come up along the way, but Steve has a unique ability of humour and storytelling to not only cope with challenges and inspire others.
If you’re someone who is looking to start a small business or get started in the franchising world, what you’ll from Steve is that you don’t have to know all the answers to all the questions about how things are going to be okay in order to know that they’ll be okay, and that you have the power to make it so.
Discussed on this episode:
- Why Steve left tech to run his own business
- The reactions from his friends and family when he decided he wanted to open a gym
- Why Planet Fitness was a good investment
- How Steve went from owning 1 Planet Fitness to 15 in the New England area
- Every franchise location is a completely different business even when it’s a part of the same company
- What Steve learned about selling businesses and how to determine when it’s the right time to sell
Learn more about Ceterus at Ceterus.com.