Manage episode 294498947 series 2507500
Do you ever wonder if it’s possible to live a Biblical life of self-denial while prioritizing your own wellness?
Is self-care selfish?
Sometimes it can feel like you’re being pulled in two different directions by the world and by our faith when it comes to self-love.
You either neglect your wellness and health in the name of “selflessness” or you feel guilty for spending the money on a gym membership, organic produce, clean skin products, or professional medical care (and the list goes on).
If you feel conflicted and trapped between these two extremes, then get ready to hear some wisdom as Jordan unpacks just what it means to care for yourself while also dying to self.
Get ready and turn up the volume because you won’t want to miss this! You’re going to learn:
- What it means to “love your neighbor as yourself”
- The Biblical purpose of self-care
- Why self-love and self-denial are not mutually exclusive
- The difference between stewardship and selfishness
- Why it is not vain to invest in your health
- Practical ways to prioritize your wellness
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.