Manage episode 377277843 series 2953118
My guest today is Author and autistic advocate, Heidi Mavir, whose first book ‘Your Child Is Not Broken. Parent Your Neurodivergent Child Without Losing Your Marbles’ became a Sunday Times Bestseller when she self-published partnering with Authours & Co.
I’ve spoken before about the pros and cons of working with a publisher versus self-publishing but Heidi has a unique insight of having done both as her book was later picked up by a traditional publisher. She really knows the best of both worlds!
So if you have an idea for a book but are unsure where to start you’re going to love this episode as Heidi takes us through her writing journey.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode;
- Why Heidi wanted to write a book for fellow parents of Neurodivergent children, the vast impact it’s had on other families and how she found the writing process.
- How Heidi’s book became a Sunday Times Bestseller 8 weeks after its launch, why it attracted the interest of publishing houses and how Authors & Co supported her selection of a publisher. - Some of the key differences between the two ways of publishing your work, what the profit split looks like for both routes and why you should evaluate it as a business decision.
- If you have an idea for a non-fiction book I have a 3-day challenge to get you started! Learn how to connect with your audience, find your niche and become the authority on your subject. Sign up for the Get It Started Challenge!
- Follow me on Instagram @lisajohnsonstrategist
- Follow me on Facebook @lisajohnsonstrategist
- Find more of Heidi’s work at www.heidimavir.com - Join the Get It Started Challenge https://authors.lisajohnson.com/challenge?r_done=1