Manage episode 284198876 series 2596092
In order to preserve your own sanity, you cut off all contact with your covert narcissist mom a few years ago. But now that she's dying, you wonder if you should reconcile for the short time she has left -- or regret not doing so once it's too late. What's the right thing to do here? We'll tackle this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/466
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- In order to preserve your own sanity, you cut off all contact with your covert narcissist mom a few years ago. But now she's dying and you wonder if you should reconcile for the short time she has left -- or regret not doing so once it's too late.
- You've become a perpetual shoulder to cry on for someone who never follows your advice no matter how much time you devote to trying to help them. How do you gently quit the job of being this person's informal (and free) therapist?
- You've been at your current job for seven years with no advancement in your pay or position in spite of exceeding expectations and never receiving a negative performance review. Your boss promised a raise two and a half years ago, but it still hasn't surfaced. What should you do?
- You're 50 years old and have worked in the same industry for most of your adult life. You're interested in transitioning to a different career, but you're starting to wonder if your age is a help or a hindrance. When you show up to interviews with grey hair, does it communicate "experienced and reliable" or "old and obsolete?"
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!