3 Secrets to Instantly Win Anyone Over from a Corporate Spy | Robert Kerbeck
Manage episode 345081569 series 2508405
In today’s episode, we cover social engineering and corporate espionage with Robert Kerbeck. Robert is the founder of the Malibu Writers Circle, his essays and short stories have been featured in numerous magazines and literary journals, and his new memoir, RU$E: Lying the American Dream from Hollywood to Wall Street, is a thrilling look into his career as a secret corporate spy.
Espionage has been around for as long as people have kept secrets, but what do corporate spies do to get information from unsuspecting employees, what should you be on the lookout for to protect yourself and your company, and how do you become a corporate spy?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- How do you become a corporate spy?
- How do corporate spies prepare for deceptive calls with competitors?
- Corporate Espionage Tools of the Trade – 13:36
- What is a false time constraint and how do scammers and spies use them to manipulate you?
- How do scammers and corporate spies manipulate you to get whatever information they want?
- How do corporate spies receive new assignments?
- The different ways Corporate Espionage is used – 31:24
- How do corporations use corporate spies to find new employees and executive leaders?
- How do corporate spies leverage fear to get what they want out of you?
In order to protect yourself from becoming a victim of corporate espionage, it is important to be aware of the tools and tactics that scammers and spies use. By understanding how they operate, you can be better prepared to defend yourself against their attempts to manipulate you into giving away sensitive information. Remember, always be skeptical of unsolicited calls or emails and never give out personal information or passwords without verifying the caller’s identity first.
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don't crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you'll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Robert Kerbeck’s website
- RUSE: Lying the American Dream from Hollywood to Wall Street by Robert Kerbeck
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices