Manage episode 293415368 series 2296031
Theo Padnos is a journalist and author of the book Blindfold: A Memoir of Capture, Torture, and Enlightenment.
“I'm trying to tell a story about a person who's attracted to dangerous places and people. I think we all have that within us. I wanted to bring my readers along. So I selected details that we all have in common... I'm trying to invite you along on a journey that you yourself might have taken.”
Thanks to Mailchimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- 00:30 Blindfold (Theo Padnos • Simon & Schuster • 2021)
- 03:00 My Life Had Stood a Loaded Gun: Adolescents at the Apocalypse: A Teacher’s Notes (Theo Padnos • Random House • 2004)
- 03:15 Undercover Muslim: A Journey Into Yemen (Theo Padnos • Bodley Head • 2011)
- 10:30 "My Captivity" (Theo Padnos • The New York Times Magazine • October 2014)
- 12:00 "Life as a Hostage in Syria" (Polly Mosendz • The Atlantic • October 2014)
- 22:15 Theo Who Lived (David Schisgall • 2016)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.