Necole Kane: Shifting Through Periods of Resistance
Manage episode 343220590 series 3041697
As women, many of us have a toxic relationship with our period. We carry a lot of negativity, hate, pain and shame around our cycles and some of us even experience interference with our intimacy, mental health, job performance and finances.
Our periods can often affect the way we show up in the world and this week on the Redefining Wealth Podcast we’re joined by Necole Kane - Founder of the feminine wellness brand, My Happy Flo.
Necole’s diverse talents have led her on a riveting career journey as a media mogul and serial entrepreneur who has worn several hats. Her claim to Internet fame began as the voice behind the top black celebrity news sites in the world NecoleBitchie.com, which she later transitioned into one of the leading women’s lifestyle and empowerment platforms for women of color xoNecole.com. Necole is on a mission to change the relationship women have with their period and joins us to discuss how we all can shift through periods of resistance.
Key discussion points from this episode include:
- Redefine Wealth & Health - 6:37
- Spirituality Vs. Self-Care - 18:30
- The Power Of My HappyFlo - 26:05
- Take Control Of Your Hormones - 37:10
- Grieving Through Transition - 46:10
- Accept When A Season Is Up - 56:40
- This Is Your Brain On Birth Control by Sarah Hill
- Beyond The Pill by Jolene Brighten
- The Fifth Vital Sign by Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
Connect With Necole:
Instagram: @hellonecole | https://www.instagram.com/hellonecole/
@myhappyflo | https://www.instagram.com/jessicazweig/
Are you ready to use your voice to amplify your message in the marketplace? Your purpose deserves to be amplified and I want to invite you to check out my intentional online training, Podcast with Purpose. This training will teach you how to lean into your purpose, build a sustainable platform via a podcast and truly transform the lives of your listeners. To start your podcasting journey and launch a podcast that aligns with your purpose, visit: http://podcastwithpatrice.com/.
Shifting Through Periods of Resistance Takeaways
- “When you write something down and make it plain, that’s when the magic starts happening.” - Necole Kane
- “It’s time for me to stop spectating and get in the game and live in your fullness.” - Necole Kane
- “It makes you feel small when you’re not using your voice in a way that you would like.” - Necole Kane
- “Waking up everyday happy is a win.” - Necole Kane
- “Health is wealth.” - Necole Kane
- “Your period is like your monthly report card to your overall health.” - Necole Kane
- “Your period shouldn’t be painful.” - Necole Kane
- “When your hormones are off, it affects your mood.” - Necole Kane
- “I’m always trying to fill the voids for black women.” - Necole Kane
- “Life is short and we can’t waste our lives in unhappy situations.” - Necole Kane
- “God is moving me.” - Necole Kane
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Necole’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Success is being in my authentic truth and chasing happiness and joy.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
"Health. Mindset. Mental.”
One Book that Has Helped You Redefined Wealth For Yourself:
The Last Arrow by Erwin Raphael McManus
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Necole and the truth about wealth is it isn't monetary based. Wealth embodies so many different areas of life from emotional awareness, mental toughness, and health.
START HERE: https://patricewashington.com/starthere/
Check Out Our Website: https://patricewashington.com/
Redefine Wealth For Yourself Book: http://redefinewealthforyourself.com/
Become An Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Find Me On Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices