Manage episode 375455158 series 2605933
In 2004, Marvin Heemeyer, an automobile muffler shop owner, went on a destructive rampage in Granby, Colorado, using a modified bulldozer armed with makeshift armor. He targeted town officials, neighbors, and businesses due to grievances over zoning, gambling legalization, and other conflicts.
After fortifying the bulldozer, he demolished buildings including the town hall, newspaper office, and more. Despite firing rounds and explosions, the machine remained impervious.
The rampage ended when he took his own life inside a hardware store. No one else was harmed, thanks to timely evacuations. Heemeyer's motives were linked to his opposition to a concrete plant's construction and other disputes.
Resources & Links HWTC Content
● Website: https://www.housewivesoftruecrime.com/
● Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/housewivesoftruecrime/
● Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/housewivesoftruecrime/
* Check out Earnin and use my code Housewives for a great deal: https://www.earnin.com/
* Check out NextEvo and use my code HTC for a great deal: http://www.nextevolution.de/
* Check out Rakuten: https://www.rakuten.com
* Check out Rosetta Stone and use my code TODAY for a great deal: https://www.rosettastone.com/
* Check out Uncommon Goods and use my code CLINK for a great deal: www.uncommongoods.com
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/housewives-of-true-crime/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy