Manage episode 308548170 series 62727
Melisa Vong returns to the Foundr Podcast with her business partner Bryce Alderson to discuss Orphic Nutrition. Bryce is a former professional soccer player, and Melisa is a serial entrepreneur and cofounder of 2 multi-million dollar ecommerce brands.
Four years ago, a catch-up over coffee led to the idea of building a nutrition business together. Using Bryce’s knowledge in sports nutrition and Melisa’s Amazon experience with her first company, Namskara, they identified complementary skills that could be successful. Fast forward 3 years later, and they built Orphic Nutrition into a multi-million dollar supplement brand on Amazon and exited the company in December of 2020.
Listen to Nathan chat with Melisa and Bryce about:
- Bryce’s transition from being a pro athlete to business owner
- The similarities of sport and business
- How they reconnected and started Orphic Nutrition
- Using the location feature on Instagram to find microinfluencers
- The importance of finding a cofounder you can rely on
- Mistakes and strategies navigating selling on Amazon
- The journey of exiting the company and finalizing the sale
- What’s next for the duo and much more...
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: