Manage episode 377917659 series 2938652
How do the devil's tactics change as we progress in the spiritual life? How do we fight against temptation? What are the signs that I am progressing in the spiritual life?
In this episode, we wrap up our discussion of spiritual warfare, and the ways that we can fight it.
Support us on Patreon!
Contact the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org.
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
- C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
- St. Teresa of Avila, The Interior Castle
- St John of the Cross, Dark Night of the Soul
- Thomas Merton, The Seven Storey Mountain
- Henri Nouwen, Out of Solitude: Three Meditations on the Christian Life
- Dan Burke, The Devil in the Castle: St. Teresa of Avila, Spiritual Warfare, and the Progress of the Soul
- The Catholic Encyclopedia,
- Fr. William Peckman, A Young Catholic's Guide to Spiritual Warfare
- Bishop Robert Barron,
- St John of the Cross, The Dark Night of the Soul (Book)
- St John of the Cross, The Dark Night of the Soul (Poem)
- Ascenscion Press, "The Dark Night of the Soul"
- St Josemaria Escriva, The Way, Point 307
- Fr Thomas Dubay, Fire Within
- Bishop Fulton Sheen, "The Devil and the Diabolic"
- The Litany of Humility
- St Faustina, The Diary of St Faustina