Manage episode 376706479 series 2938652
The term 'spiritual warfare' can sound a bit dramatic, but it's actually something pretty normal that we all face. The devil is real, and he does NAHT want us to get to heaven.
In this episode, we begin our discussion of spiritual warfare, and the ways that we can fight it.
Support us on Patreon!
Contact the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org.
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
- C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
- St. Teresa of Avila, The Interior Castle
- St John of the Cross, Dark Night of the Soul
- Thomas Merton, The Seven Storey Mountain
- Brant Pitre, Introduction to the Spiritual Life
- Henri Nouwen, Out of Solitude: Three Meditations on the Christian Life
- Dan Burke, Spiritual Warfare and the Discernment of Spirits
- Dan Burke, The Devil in the Castle: St. Teresa of Avila, Spiritual Warfare, and the Progress of the Soul
- The Catholic Encyclopedia, "State or Way (Purgative, Illuminative, Unitive)"
- Matthew Leohennard, A Powerful Introduction to the Spiritual Life with Dr. Brant Pitre
- Fr. William Peckman, A Young Catholic's Guide to Spiritual Warfare
- Bishop Robert Barron,