Manage episode 374281511 series 2938652
What is Feminism? What does the Catholic Church teach about women, and their role in society? Are Catholicism and Feminism compatible?
In this "Catholicism and..." series, we look at contemporary cultural, social, and political topics alongside Catholicism and consider how we might engage with them through the lens of Catholic teaching.
Support us on Patreon!
Contact the podcast: firstname.lastname@example.org.
References and further reading/listening/viewing:
- Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church on the collaboration of men and women in the church and in the world.
- Catechism of the Catholic Church, pts. 369-373
- Pope St. John Paul II:
- Pope John XXIII, Pacem in Terris
- St Edith Stein, The Collected Works of Edith Stein
- Christopher West, "Male and Female he Created Them"
- The Theology of the Body Institute
- The Catholic Feminist
- Alice von Hildebrand, The Privilege of Being a Woman
- Dr. Pia de Solenni, "A New Feminism Which Rejects the Temptation of Imitating Male Domination"
- Kathleen Stock, Material Girls: Why Reality Matters for Feminism.