Manage episode 338552149 series 1401633
We’re looking at a story about God’s chosen ones facing a test with fruit trees in a beautiful garden—sounds like Genesis 3, right? Surprisingly, this is a story from Numbers 13-15, with another tree and another test. In this episode, Tim and Jon dive into the second movement of Numbers and the choice Israel faces when they reach the border of the promised land. Will they choose to trust their wisdom or Yahweh’s?
- Part one (00:00-17:24)
- Part two (17:24-33:01)
- Part three (33:01-51:10)
- Part four (51:10-1:04:11)
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Sub Sandwich” by Tyler Bailey
- “Attack of the Clones” by JGivens (feat. John Givez and Jackie Hill Perry)
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel, Tyler Bailey, and Frank Garza. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder. Podcast annotations for the BibleProject app by MacKenzie Buxman.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.