Manage episode 332080601 series 1401633
In the second movement of Leviticus, Aaron and his sons agree to the terms of their covenant with Yahweh, signing up to be the gatekeepers of Heaven and Earth. But then Aaron’s sons offer unholy fire before Yahweh—and then they die. What’s going on here? A seven-day ceremony of consecration and celebration ends with everything going terribly wrong. Join Tim and Jon as they kick off the second movement of Leviticus, discussing the theme of holiness and a very difficult part of the story.
- Part one (00:00-15:55)
- Part two (15:55-23:52)
- Part three (23:52-50:02)
- Part four (50:02-01:03:48)
- Art and Faith: A Theology of Making, Makoto Fujimura
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Adieu” by Evil Needle
- “Drowning In You” by L'Indécis
- "Covet" by Beautiful Eulogy
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Tyler Bailey. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder. Podcast annotations for the BibleProject app by MacKenzie Buxman and Ashlyn Heise.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.