Manage episode 332266727 series 1401633
Why did God say he was going to kill Moses? What exactly was God’s test for Abraham on Mount Moriah and Israel on Mount Sinai? What’s the connection between the ten plagues and the ten commandments? In this episode, Tim and Jon respond to your questions about the Exodus scroll. Thanks to our audience for your incredible questions!
- What Was God’s Test for Abraham on Mount Moriah and Israel on Mount Sinai? (00:00-31:57)
- What Can We Learn From the Genesis and Exodus Pharaohs? (31:57)
- Did God Try To Kill Moses? (37:46)
- Are There Other “Floods” Prevented by Intercessors? (47:35)
- What’s the Connection Between the Ten Plagues and Ten Commandments? (52:24)
- How Important Is Ancient Culture To Understanding Biblical Law? (55:18)
- Will We All Have Equal Access to God in the New Creation? (1:01:46)
- Following Up on the Test Involving Manna (01:09:57)
- To Climb or Not To Climb? Israel's Ascent in Exodus 19:12–13 (SBL 2012), Michael Kibbe
- Abraham's Silence: The Binding of Isaac, the Suffering of Job, and How To Talk Back to God, J. Richard Middleton
- The Exodus You Almost Passed Over, Rabbi David Fohrman
- The Lost World of the Torah: Law as Covenant and Wisdom in Ancient Context, John H. Walton and J. Harvey Walton
- Created Equal: How the Bible Broke with Ancient Political Thought, Joshua A. Berman
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Tyler Bailey. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder. Audience questions collected by Christopher Maier. Podcast annotations for the BibleProject app by MacKenzie Buxman.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.