Manage episode 326559303 series 2515624
We often think of the ten commandments as a list of dos and don’ts—the things you need to know to make God happy. But is that what they’re really about? In this episode, join Tim and Jon as they take a deep dive into the ten commandments, and find out why they’re far less about simulating moral perfection than they are about preserving proper worship of Yahweh and the shared dignity of humans as his image bearers.
- Part one (00:00-11:00)
- Part two (11:00-28:50)
- Part three (28:50-1:02:00)
- Part four (1:02:00-1:10:11)
- Bearing God's Name: Why Sinai Still Matters, Carmen Joy Imes
- Cowboy Ten Commandments
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Evening Flight” by Sam Stewart
- “Long Lost Friend” by Sam Stewart
- “Unidentified Lights” by Sam Stewart
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Frank Garza. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.