Manage episode 335107228 series 2789138
240 Common Illusions That Kill Pilots with Dr. Victor Vogel + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Summary 240 Max talks with Dr. Victor Vogel about Illusions that kill pilots: “The Leans,” graveyard spiral, and Coriolis illusion. They create powerful sensations that pilots must ignore and instead rely on their instruments. He also talks about a mid-air collision at North Las Vegas Airport. A Piper JetProp flying left traffic to 30L overshot the runway and hit a plane landing on 30R.
- Student pilot DUI
- Plane crashes after CFI takes controls without telling student
- CAA warns of hot VFR moving map devices failing
- Somerset aircraft draw the Queen using GPS illustration
- CFI doesn’t listen when student says engine doesn’t sound right
- NAFI To Host Conference For Flight Instructors
- Two Paralyzed Pilots Take to The Skies
- Cirrus unveils painting addition to Duluth facilities
- NTSB Report: Crashed Pot Plane was Using Wrong Tank
- Colombian, Brazilian fined almost $1 billion for drug trafficking
- Drug Dealing Pilot who Attempted to Hire a Hitman to Kill Associate Sentenced
Videos Mentioned Trucker's Video of DUI Student Pilot on Interstate
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order. Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit HandbookMax Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
Max Trescott is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com