Manage episode 355887003 series 3446717
In this episode, we meet Jake Karls, the co-founder and "rainmaker" at Mid-Day Squares and resident Social-Personality. He builds relationships and makes noise.
Mid-Day Squares manufacture Functional Chocolate Bars: Everything a chocolate bar isn't, everything a protein bar wishes it was.
We will learn how Jake makes it rain via making friends online and get deep insight into how this hot health snack bar went from modest door-to-door beginnings to a nationwide launch in Target on track to do $20M in sales.
Other topics covered in this episode
- A day in the life of a social seller
- The marriage of Keeping up with the Kardashians and Shark Tank
- The power of placement on the planogram
- Partnership with your brokerage, retailer, and distributor
- Why do people struggle from being authentic?
- Make friends before attempting to do business with someone
- To be successful in retail, hang out with your retailers (lots of traveling)
- You’d be surprised how interested your audience is in getting a peak behind the scenes
- Close partnership with brokerage, distributors, and retailers makes for a great chain launch
- Don’t be afraid to build unapologetically in public
- Be your authentic self
Please let us know your thoughts about the episode!
Where to find Jake Karls:
Where to find Kait Stephens: