Manage episode 349231908 series 2789138
255 NTSB: Lucky Mooney Pilot Low on IFR Approach + GA News
Your Cirrus Specialist. Call me if you’re thinking of buying a new Cirrus SR20 or SR22. Call 1-650-967-2500 for Cirrus purchase and training assistance, or to take my online seminar: So You Want to Fly or Buy a Cirrus.
Send us an email
If you have a question you’d like answered on the show, let listeners hear you ask the question, by recording your listener question using your phone.
Summary 255 Max discusses the NTSB Prelim Report on a Mooney that crashed into a powerline tower on an IFR approach to Gaithersburg, Maryland. The pilot flew too low along the instrument approach, and thought he was closer to the airport than he was. Max discusses several possible mistakes that the pilot might have made. In his updates, talks about how to preflight a constant speed prop.
- Dallas Midair Prelim Cites Lack Of Altitude Deconfliction
- BasicMed limitation lifted
- FAA extends aircraft registration to seven years
- Time running out for 2022 aircraft registrations
- Diamond’s door flies off plane in flight
- Study on Pilots and Risk
- Pilot descended before striking unmarked cable above Matanuska River
- Pilot crashes while attempting low fly-by
- Pilot takes off with tow bar still attached
- Pilot ‘miraculously’ survives plane crash, hikes 6 miles for help
- NTSB urges new safety rules for Ketchikan flightseeing tours
- FAA Document Fraud Case Ends with Prison Time
Mentioned in the Show Learjet crash at Batesville, AR airport What are your favorite Aviation Rules of Thumb? Send them to us.Why Does the Pilot in Command Sit on the Left Side of the Cockpit? How Aviation Week Got a Sensitive Photo of B-2 Bomber G1000 Guide for DPEs and CFIs
Videos Mentioned YouTube: How to Preflight a Constant Speed Propeller
Max’s Books – Order online or call 800-247-6553 to order. Max Trescott’s G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit HandbookMax Trescott’s G1000 & Perspective Glass Cockpit Handbook If you love the show and want more, visit my Patreon page to see fun videos, breaking news, and other posts in the Posts section. And if you decide to make a small donation each month, you can get some goodies!
So You Want To Learn to Fly or Buy a Cirrus seminars Online Version of the Seminar Coming Soon – Register for Notification
Check out our recommended ADS-B receivers, and order one for yourself. Yes, we’ll make a couple of dollars if you do.
Check out Max’s Online Courses: G1000 VFR, G1000 IFR, and Flying WAAS & GPS Approaches. Find them all at: https://www.pilotlearning.com/
If you purchase a product through a link on our site, we may receive compensation.