Manage episode 333714598 series 1750695
Last month, the U.S. Department of Education proposed new Title IX regulations that, if implemented, would gut essential free speech and due process rights for college students facing sexual misconduct allegations on campus.
Joining us to analyze the regulations and their impact are FIRE’s executive director and author of the book “Twisting Title IX,” Robert Shibley, Allen Harris Law Partner Samantha Harris, and Brooklyn College professor KC Johnson.
- FIRE press release
- Proposed Title IX regulations
- Current Title IX regulations
- “Twisting Title IX” by Robert Shibley
- Lawsuits filed by students accused of sexual misconduct, 4/4/2011 through 01/07/21
- Post Dear-Colleague Letter legal rulings and settlements
www.sotospeakpodcast.com YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SotoSpeakTheFreeSpeechPodcast Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/freespeechtalk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sotospeakpodcast Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/freespeechtalk/ Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org