Manage episode 301461463 series 2504264
This week on The Chrome Cast, we dive into all the news surrounding the release date of the upcoming Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. Though there were murmurs of a possible unveiling on September 13th, it looks like that won’t be the case and there’s a new rumor swirling from noted leaker Jon Prosser that places the launch of Google’s new phones on October 19th with a shipping date of October 28th.
For the second half of the show, we talk about the recent rumor from Nikkei Asia that further confirms Google’s upcoming investments in their own silicon in Chromebooks. Though we had a good feeling that this was the direction Google would head with these Tensor processors, it’s nice to see a notable news outlet confirm that they have multiple inside sources that can confirm Google is in fact working on this as we speak.
- HP Chromebook x2 11 unboxing and initial impressions [VIDEO]
- New insider tip places the Pixel 6 release in October, not September
- New leak teases Google’s Chromebook CPU arriving in 2023
- Retail leak hints at new Pixel Stand for Pixel 6 with 23W charging speeds
- Here’s how you can install Cursive – Google’s new note taking app – right now
- It’s likely no coincidence that the leaked Pixel 6 release date is September 13th
- Deleted Pixel 6 screenshot from Google SVP tweet just might hint at an announcement date
This episode is also brought to you by NordVPN. Get a VPN that takes your privacy seriously. NordVPN is our VPN of choice and will secure your browsing on your Chromebook or on any device. Use NordVPN to keep your private data to yourself whether you are at home or on the go! CLICK HERE to try it out and get a 3-year deal for $3.49/month.
Join our Patreon community and get access to things like behind-the-scenes footage, early access to videos, private Discord server access, an ad-free experience on the mobile and desktop versions of the website, your name listed on all our YouTube videos, and monthly live stream Q&A. CLICK HERE to be a part of our community.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/chromeunboxed/support