Manage episode 288837308 series 1261370
How do you define happiness? And what if you had the power to be genuinely happy, all the time, no matter what was going on in your life?
We’ve been conditioned to believe that happiness is something to be attained through achievement, success, and validation from others. Oftentimes, we make the mistake of treating happiness like it’s some sort of goal we must reach...
“If only I had more money…”
“If only I had a different career…”
“If only I had better relationships...”
“If only I had a more… different... better…”
The truth is that happiness isn’t something you attain; it’s within you. It’s available to you 24/7, and it isn’t dependent on anything outside of you. You just need to understand how to tap into it.
In today’s episode, I’m going to give you the tools to experience true happiness — even during difficult times — and teach you how to consistently wake up every day feeling like it’s the best day of your life (because it truly can be).
- Redefining happiness and success – and why these things normally overlap.
- Why seeking validation from others makes your happiness conditional - and is both dangerous and highly addictive.
- How we can choose to be happy independent of our conditions, even when facing adversity.
- Why choosing unconditional happiness doesn’t mean rejecting sadness or depression.
- The three components of my current definition of happiness, how it has evolved over time, and ideas to create your own.
Get The Full Show Notes
To get full access to today's show notes, including audio, transcript, and links to all the resources mentioned, visit HalElrod.com/371
Subscribe, Rate & Review
I would love if you could subscribe to the podcast and leave an honest rating & review. This will encourage other people to listen and allow us to grow as a community. The bigger we get as a community, the bigger the impact we can have on the world.
To subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on iTunes, visit HalElrod.com/iTunes.