Manage episode 282813126 series 2596092
Steve Madden (@stevenmadden) is a fashion designer and businessman, and author of The Cobbler: How I Disrupted an Industry, Fell From Grace, and Came Back Stronger Than Ever.
What We Discuss with Steve Madden:
- How growing up as a half-Jewish, half-Irish outsider gave Steve a unique perspective and mindset that dispensed with establishment formalities.
- Why it's not failure that defines someone's character, but how someone responds to coming up short.
- In hindsight, Steve weighs the pros and cons of living by the "better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" credo.
- Why knowing what you don't know can be what Steve considers "a very big gift."
- Why it wasn't designs or talent that made Steve's company successful; it was the cultivation of an unstoppable work ethic.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/459
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!